Hurraay for version 1.0! Nothing can beat the joy of shipping your own product!! 😀
I have released my game as a submission for Flash game competition for Kongregate and Mochi. Here is the screenshot of the main screen:
Milk Carton Boy: Shake Well
You can try the game by clicking the image above, but the game was made for mobile phone (Android 2.2). It was designed to be played using touch screen on mobile, but you can also play it using mouse on desktop although it can be quite challenging 😉
So what this game is all about?
How well can you shake? Experience a 3D mobile game, using touch screen to move and shake Milk Carton Boy! Get more points and customize your own 3D Milk Carton Boy!
That’s the description in the marketing way 😉
The game is featuring Milk Carton Boy, a 3D milk carton character. You can control the character using tap or swipe. Jump and do acrobatic movement to shake the milk. The more you shake, the more point you get. Use the point to unlock skins to customize the character.
Just try the game
, and if you have Android 2.2 phone, try it also on your phone 🙂
Stay tune since I am going to post the development process of this game…
[Edited on 20 May 2010: I updated the latest Metasequoia loader for Away3D 3.5.0! See my latest post about vertex animator]
Two weeks ago, I started playing with Away3D and working on parser for Metasequoia. There were some codes for that (from sleepydesign or libspark) but they didn’t work with the new version. I have been changing the code so it can change the materials/texture of the model once loaded.
FinallyI made it. Click the picture below to see the demo
Click the ‘read more’ below to see the and download the code. It is still in very early version, buggy and some MQO models are not displayed correctly. I am still working on it. But if you want, feel free to use it 😉
Note: The code is only work with the current trunk version of the Away3D version 2.4.0/3.4.0 FP10 (tested on rev. 2039)
On my previous post (fixing a broken wacom pen), I accidentally glued the pen tip to the iron core. The glue was a mess; the iron core, the plastic part, and the pen tip, all sticked together 🙁
This causing the Wacom tablet couldn’t detect any pen pressure although the pen tip position is detected. The pen tip is not moveable, that’s why.
Since the eraser part was still working and I rarely use it, I decided to desolder the and move the eraser part to the pen tip.
I bought a cheap solder iron (around 3 EUR), 10cm tin solder wire (less than 1 EUR, no need to buy one big roll), and if necessary, a solder sucker. I didn’t bought this last item.
If you haven’t done any soldering before, just ask your friend or someone to do it 😉
The idea is to desolder both pen’s coil wires and the eraser’s one, and exchange them (see my plan above).
First, I open the wacom pen. It’s easy since I have it opened before. Then desolder the pen tip part.
There are two parts you have to desolder: the part which connects the wires from the coil, and the other part which stick the plastic part to the PCB/component board. Once you desolder these parts, the pen component can be easily removed. Continue reading
I have been learning ActionScript 3.0 for my next project, and I tried WiiFlash two days ago. WiiFlash is an additional library/tool for Adobe Flash (ActionScript) so you can use your Wii Remote. You can download it from their website http://wiiflash.bytearray.org/
On my first try, the demo didn’t work 😐
I ran the WiiFlash server 0.4.3 and it’s able to connect to my Wii Remote. When I executed the SWF file (Wiimote Demo.swf), the demo didn’t show any Wiimote’s data. I think the demo cannot connect to the WiiFlash server.
So I opened the FLA file (Wiimote Demo.fla), try to build and run it.
The demo showed the Wiimote’s data. So the problem only occurs when you try to execute the SWF directly.
I tried using Flash player debug version and get a message something related to security. I figured out that’s because the SWF file is running from the local file but it’s trying to access the network. This is restricted according to the Flash sandbox security policy but luckily you can set the permission manually.
Using the Flash authoring tool, go to the Publish Settings (see figure below). On the bottom of the window, you can see the Local playback Security. By default, it is set to access local files only. Set it to Access network only, build the SWF file, and now your SWF file can connect to the local WiiFlash server 🙂
note: I need to know whether this method still allow your SWF file to access local file..
This is my master thesis, developing a prototype of group game for Wii Remote. Using several PCs, a large number of Wii Remotes can be connected to play a video game on a big screen.
For the game development, I use Brian Peek Wiimote Library, Irrlichtnetcp Engine, and Visual C# 2008 Express Edition. The game can be played using 3 different methods using the Wii Remote.
I finished my thesis last month and now I want to share it. Just click the link below to read more about it. In the end of the article, you can download the PDF of the thesis document and the source code of the game.